How Bladder Training Can Help Manage Male Urinary Incontinence
Bladder training is vital when you want to manage your urinary incontinence in more natural ways. This behavioral therapy in combination with safe and proven urinary incontinence products for men can dramatically improve your quality of life and put you in better control of your body.
Benefits of Bladder Training
If you are suffering from male UI, you can benefit from bladder training in the following ways:
- It will increase the length of gaps between bathroom trips
- Improve the volume of urine your bladder can hold
- Provide you better control over your need or urge to urinate
- Diminish the frequency of leakage and accidents
However, it is important to understand that bladder training alone may not be the complete answer to your UI condition. You should choose Men’s Liberty, one of the top urinary incontinence products for men, which will serve as an excellent solution along with your behavioral therapy to give you better control over your life.
Maintaining a Schedule for Urination
One of the key elements in bladder training is maintaining a fixed voiding schedule, no matter whether you are feeling the urge to urinate or not. In the beginning, you will obviously feel a stronger urge to urinate before the next scheduled interval. To overcome the urge, you should use mild suppression techniques such as Kegel exercises, relaxation techniques, and meditation.
As you start making progress in terms of better bladder control, you can gradually keep increasing the length of the intervals in small increments. While the goal should be to achieve a position where the interval length can go up to three to four hours, you can individualize your goals according to your unique health condition and age.
It is prudent to follow your bladder training under the guidance and supervision of a trained medical provider. Maintain a diary or record of your bladder activity, so that your provider knows where to begin your training and can also closely track your progress throughout the training program.
Other Tips for Bladder Training
- Make it a practice to empty your bladder early morning as soon as you wake up. This should be the first act of the day in your training plan.
- Do not skip your scheduled urination times. Even if you may not be feeling any urge to urinate, just follow the scheduled plan and empty the bladder.
- Follow your bladder training schedule only during your waking hours. During night time, you should only visit the bathroom when you awaken and feel the urge to urinate.
- In-between the scheduled intervals, if you realize that you cannot suppress the urge to urinate, wait for a few minutes before slowly making your way to the washroom. Re-establish the schedule after urinating and repeat the procedure each time this type of urge occurs.
- It may take a few weeks to a few months to achieve noticeable results with bladder training. Do not get disappointed by temporary setbacks, stay focused on your goals, and do not stop practicing.
Men’s Liberty: Your Reliable Answer to Male UI
Do you want a permanent solution to your male urinary incontinence without having to rely on diapers, condoms, or internal catheters? Men’s Liberty external catheter is a highly effective urinary incontinence product for men. To order it, call us at 888-412-9329 or contact us online.