If you are managing incontinence, there are alternatives to adult diapers that preserve your dignity, freedom and your budget. Read on to learn about the best alternatives for worry-free incontinence management.
Treat Male Urinary Incontinence (UI) with lifestyle changes
Proactive behavioural strategies can reduce or eliminate problems of urinary incontinence. These include:
- Losing weight – undue pressure on the bladder can cause stress incontinence.
- Tweak diet – spicy and acidic foods can irritate the bladder thus worsening incontinence.
- Manage fluid intake – time and space your fluid intake so you don’t overwhelm your bladder. Reduce alcoholic beverage intake.
- Manage stress – chronic stress contributes to urinary incontinence.
- Quit smoking – smoking also contributes to urinary incontinence.
- Practice Kegel exercise – Kegel exercises strengthen your pelvic floor muscle and urinary sphincter to improve bladder function
- Double voiding – urinate twice within a few minutes to completely empty your bladder
- Talk with your healthcare provider – gather and share as much information as you can about the symptoms and patterns or your incontinence for the most useful advice.
Not all types of urinary incontinence can be relieved with behavioral changes. No matter the cause or duration of urinary incontinence Men’s Liberty is one of the best alternatives to adult diapers.
Why Men’s Liberty?
Unlike with adult diapers, you stay dry 24/7 – Men’s Liberty directs urine away from the skin and features a latex-free, hypoallergenic adhesive. Therefore you get better protection from rash or irritation common with diapers and condom catheters.
Reduced risk of urinary tract infection – Unlike the Foley catheter, Men’s Liberty is completely external to the body, so you don’t have as much risk of infection.
Discreet – Use Men’s Liberty without worrying about bulkiness or bunching under clothing. You won’t have to worry about crinkling noises or odours either. Men’s Liberty offers long-lasting protection for all day and all night comfort.
Cost – Disposable adult diapers are costly and cause environmental harm over time. Cloth adult diapers consume valuable time with laundering. However, Men’s Liberty offers a freeing option. As a matter of fact, you can enjoy the convenience of Men’s Liberty with little or no out of pocket cost with insurance coverage.
Convenience – Men’s Liberty is easy to apply. As a result, that’s a benefit for caregivers and users alike. For instance, no more wet linen, struggling to change diapers throughout the day or carrying a change bag everywhere.
Men’s Liberty offers a skin-saving alternative to adult diapers. In fact, our easy to apply, the long-wear design provides worry-free protection from leaks and accidents. Regain your dignity and freedom with Men’s Liberty. Give us a call today to get started.