Every so often our Customer Care Reps get a question so off the wall, so unique that I feel compelled to share it with the world. If one person can get up the courage to ask, how many more are thinking it but too embarrassed to ask? So in that spirit, this week we’re answering the oddball questions – the ones most men or their caregivers are simply too embarrassed to ask. If I’ve missed one, let me know (you can do it anonymously if you prefer!).
1. Can I have sex with this on?
Sadly, no. Because Men’s Liberty attaches to the tip of your anatomy, it is necessary to remove before engaging in any sexual activity.
2. I am a regular at my local nudist colony and I’m not sure I want to have this hanging out there. Is this anything I can do to minimize visibility of the Men’s Liberty?
When we got this question last week, I’ll admit, it threw me for a bit of a loop. But after thought and some discussions with our engineering team the basic conclusion was not really. Men’s Liberty seals to the tip of the anatomy, so it’s going to be visible if you’re not wearing any other clothes. However, we can provide a supporter belt which can cover the tubing and pouch and make things a little more comfortable.
And while it may not be the most discreet accoutrement at the nudist colony, I am confident that it is definitely better than wearing an adult diaper or walking around without anything and having an accident. In this case, I’m afraid there is no perfect solution.
3. My new lady friend and I want to be intimate but it takes a few minutes to remove the Men’s Liberty which kind of ruins the moment; is there a faster way I can take this off in these situations?
First, congrats! Second, absolutely! While Men’s Liberty can be removed with warm water and a wash cloth, we know there are times you’d like to remove it faster. For those situations, we also sell a product called FreeDermTM, which is an INSTANT hydrocolloid remover. You can get wipes or a pump spray that you can use to remove the Liberty device in 30 seconds or less.
4. I am my father’s primary caregiver and he has incontinence. He lives in my home which used to be lovely, but now I don’t have guests because it smells like a nursing home. The air current, my washer machine, the garbage pail, all have the strong foul aroma of pee. I feel like I am washing my family’s laundry in his dirty pee residue left in my washer and dryer. I am at wits end but I don’t want to put him in a nursing home. Can your product help?
First and foremost, thank you for taking such wonderful care of your father in admittedly difficult circumstances. Incontinence is responsible for nearly half of all nursing home admissions in the US for exactly this kind of reason. So finding a way of managing incontinence and staying in the family home would be the best option for everyone. Second, yes, Men’s Liberty can definitely help. Men’s Liberty can seal just to the tip of his anatomy and he can apply it himself if he has a minimum level of manual dexterity. Each one lasts 24-48 hours and will direct all the urine into a collection chamber. He can empty it into the toilet or use a leg bar if he’s going to be away from the toilet. By securely collecting all urine it can reduce or eliminate excess laundry, accidents and the ammonia odor in your home.
5. Can I get a quote for car insurance?
We regret to inform you that while we pride ourselves on being a full service organization, we are in fact not able to provide car, life, home or other insurance to our customers. However, we would be happy to refer you on to a number of other organizations which provide excellent insurance coverage.
(P.S: you would be surprised by how often this question actually comes up!)
Got any other oddball questions you’ve been a little too afraid to ask? Let us know (anonymously if you prefer) and we’ll give you a discreet answer, right here!