We make our website available for the purpose of providing useful information to the public and not for the purpose of providing medical advice or healthcare services. Please consult your physician or healthcare provider regarding your specific diagnosis, treatment, and health questions.
2. Types of Information We May Collect
Our website can collect: (a) personally identifiable information that you provide us; and (b) non-personal information.
- Personally identifiable information: Any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, postal and email addresses, phone number, credit card information, etc. In certain circumstances, we may request, allow, or otherwise provide you an opportunity to submit your personally identifiable information in connection with a feature, program, promotion, or some other aspect of our website. For instance, you may: (a) provide your name, address, and email address to register an account with us; (b) provide certain demographic information about yourself (e.g., age, gender, purchase preference, usage frequency, etc.) when participating in a survey or poll (c) provide payment information when ordering products or services on the website; or (d) post a general comment and/or recommendation on our website. Certain information may not be personally identifiable when standing alone (e.g., your age), but may become so when combined with other information (e.g., your age and name). Whether or not you provide this information is your choice; however, in many instances this type of information is required to participate in certain activities or service, realize a benefit we may offer, or gain access to certain content on our website.
- Non-Personal Information: Any information that does not personally identify you. Non-personal information can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-personal information about you from information that you provide us, either separately or together with your personally identifiable information. We also automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you access our website. This information can include, among other things: your IP address or other unique identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer, mobile or other device used to access the website; the type of browser you are using (e.g., Edge, Firefox, Safari, etc.); the third party website from which your visit originated; the operating system you are using (e.g., Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS, etc.); the domain name of your internet service provider (e.g., America Online, NetZero, etc.); the search terms you use on our website; the specific areas within our website or service that you visit; and the time of day and duration of your visits.
3. Additional Information about Collection Methods
A few of the methods and/or avenues that may be used to collet non-personal information include, without limitation, the following (and subsequent technology and methods hereafter developed):
Cookies are small data files that contain a string of characters, such as an anonymous unique browser identifier. Cookies are stored on your computer or other device and act as (usually unique) tags that identify your device. Our servers send your browser or device a cookie when you visit the website, and our partners may do likewise on their websites or through their multi-website platforms. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the website an allows us or our business partners to track your usage of the website over time. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your internet bowser and may be used by our browser or subsequent visits to the website. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your internet browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the website may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
A pixel tag (also commonly known as a web beacon or clear GIF) is an invisible 1 x 1 pixel that is placed on certain web pages. When you access these web pages, pixel tags generate a generic notice of the visit and permit us to set or reach our cookies. Pixel tags are used in combination with cookies to track activity on a website by a particular device. When you turn off cookies, pixel tags simply detect a unique website visit.
We also sometimes use, or partner with publishers or publisher-facing and app developer platforms that use, mobile software developments kits (“SDK”) to collect information, such as mobile identifiers, and information connected to how mobile devices interact with our website. A mobile SDK is in effect the mobile app version of a pixel tag or beacon. The SDK is computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected, and related services to be implemented. We may use this technology, for instance, to analyze or measure certain advertising through mobile applications and browsers based on information associated with your mobile device.
When you access our website, our servers (whether operated by us or a third-party provider) automatically records certain log file information. This captures anonymous information such as your web request, internet protocol address, internet browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and your interaction with links on the Website, pages viewed, and other related information. Our partners awe work with may use the above technologies (sometimes, in combination with each other or with data listed above) to analyze online more efficiently or mobile audiences or target advertising and analyze ad performance.
Our website currently is not set up to process or respond to “Do Not Track” settings or signals from web browsers.
Web Beacons. These are small graphic images or other web programming code that may be included in our website pages. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of users of our website pages. Unlike cookies, which are typically stored on your computer or mobile devices hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages. Web beacons or similar technologies help us better manage content on our website by informing us what content is effective, counting the number of users of the website, monitoring how users navigate the website or counting how many emails, articles or links were opened or viewed.
Embedded Scripts. Is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the website, such as the links you click on the code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer, mobile or other devices from our server or a third-party service provider.
IP Addresses. This is a number that is assigned to your computer, mobile or other computing device whenever you are surfing the internet. Web servers automatically identify your computer or other computing device by its IP address. When users request pages from our website, our servers may log the users IP addresses. We may collect IP address for the following purposes, among others: system administration, to report non-personal aggregate information to others, and to track the use of our website. IP addresses are considering non-personal information and my also be shared as provide above.
Email Communications. If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. For security reasons, we don’t recommend that you send non-public personal information, such as passwords, credit card information, social security numbers, or bank account information, to us by email. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to set your preferences for receiving email communications from us; that is, agree to some communications but not others. We reserve the right to send you transactional emails such as customer service communications.
Other Disclosures. Not with standing anything herein to the contract, we reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable or non-personal information about you if we are required to do so by law, with respect to copyright and other intellectual property infringement claims, or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) project or defend our legal rights or property, our website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our users or the general public.
4. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users that are residents of California to request from companies conducting business in California a list of all third parties to which the BioDerm has disclosed certain personally identifiable information as defined under California law for such third parties direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email BioDerm at Compliance@bioderminc.com or submit written request to:
12320 73rd Court North
Largo, Florida 33773
5. Use of Collected Information
We may use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect in a variety of ways, including to administer the website, help us analyze website traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, improve the quality of the pages that make up our website, gather broad demographic information, and to improve our website services. We may use your non-personal information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtain from others. We may share your non-personal information with our affiliated companies and/or third parties to achieve these objectives and others. In addition to the foregoing, we may use your personally identifiable information or collected non-personal information as follow:
- When required by law or court order.
- To provide you with information or services or process transactions that you have requested or agreed to receive, including to send you electronic newsletters, or to provide you with special offers or promotional materials on behalf of use or third parties.
- To improve the website, to customer your experience with the website, or to serve you specific content that is most relevant to you.
- To enable you to participate in a variety of the website’s features such as online or mobile entry sweepstakes, contes or other promotions:
- To contact you about your use of the website and, in our discretion, changes to the website and related polices.
- For inclusion in our data analytics; and
6. Deleting Information About You
Whether or not you provide personally identifiable information is completely your own choice. You are not obligated to answer any question that is presented to you on or through our website. You may opt-out from receiving future promotional information from us, as set forth in Section 11 below. Whether or not you opt-out is your choice; however, in many instances this type of information is required to participate in a particular activity, realize a benefit we may offer, or gain access to certain content, services or offers on our website.
7. User-Generated Content and Public Forums
Our website may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums or other ways to permit you to submit ideas, photographs, user profiles, writings, recordings, computer graphics, pictures, data, questions, comments, suggestions, or other content, including personally identifiable information (collectively, “User Content”). We or others may reproduce, publish, distribute, or otherwise use User Content online or offline in any medial or format (currently existing or hereafter developed). Others may have access to this User Content and may have the ability to s hare it with third parties across the internet. You should be aware that any User Content you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and use by others who access them. Thus, please think carefully before deciding what information you share including personally identifiable information, in connection with your User Content.
8. Protecting Children
We take special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. Our website is a general audience website. Nevertheless, the features, programs, promotions, services and other aspects of our website requiring the submission of personally identifiable information are not intended for anyone under 18 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the website. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website or on or through any of its features/register on the website, make any purchases through the website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user name you may use. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to use, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
9. Keeping Your Information Secure
We have implemented security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information. In the unfortunate event that your “personally identifiable information” (as the term or similar terms are defined by an applicable law requiring notice upon a security breach) is compromised, we may notify you by email (at our sole and absolute discretion) to the last email address you have provided us in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances; provided, however delays in notification may occur while we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede a criminal investigation. From time to time, we evaluate new technology for projecting information, and when appropriate, we upgrade our information security systems.
10. Collection of Information by Third Party Websites, Ad Servers, and Sponsors
11. Contact, Access, and Opt-Out Information
12320 73rd Court North
Largo, Florida 33773
We will respond to your request and, if applicable and appropriate, make the requested change in our active databases as soon as reasonably possible. Please note that we may not be able to fulfill certain requests while allowing you access to certain benefits and features of our website.
12. Sole Statement
This website contains BioDerm and third-party trademarks and service marks. All marks are the property of their respective companies. All rights in the intellectual property contain in this website including copyright, trademarks, trade secret and patient rights are reserved. Access to this website does not constitute a right to copy or use any of the intellectual property of BioDerm or its suppliers.
All materials contained on this website are subject to the ownership rights of BioDerm and its supplier partners. BioDerm hereby authorizes you to make a single copy of the content herein for your use in learning about, evaluating, or acquiring BioDerm’s services or products. You agree that any copy made must include BiodDerm copyright notice. No other permission is granted to you to print, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, upload, download, store, display in public, alter, or modify the content contained on this website.
All remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, or other information communicated to BioDerm through this website will forever be the property of BioDerm. Unless otherwise specified in writing, all material submitted to BiodDerm will be presumed to be public and BioDerm will not be required to treat the information as confidential. BioDerm shall have exclusive ownership of all present and future existing rights in the information without compensation to the person sending the information.
We may use third-party Service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy